In grades 5th-7th (and partially 8th), I had this fixation with the sentence "Are you mad at me?" To Abby, my best friend, I could say it more than 10 times a day. I used to say it to my dad a lot too.
Sometimes I still say it, but now when I say it, it seems more like "Do you love me?" or "Did I do something wrong?" or "I need reassurance."
I wish I wasn't so obsessed by what people think of me. I know I'm supposed to follow my own inner voice or whatever, but before I make decisions I always seem to probe around to see what everyone else thinks first. I'm the last person I consult.
(Unless it's something like do homework for InsertName's class-- I have no problem saying fuck it.)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment