One thing that our group does, and does often, is play games. We play them at the training meetings so that we can learn and then play it with the children, we play them at the night meetings to relax us, and we even play it in our free time for fun. Here are some games we play:
1. Name Tag
2. Boom Chika Boom
3. Sapo y Moscas (Frog and Flies)
4. Ninja
5. Bob the Rock.
My favorite game is Ninja. I love it so much that I´m going to teach Kathy and Julia and Lee and everyone to play it when I go home and we´re going to play Ninja all the time. It´s a wonderful game to play. I´m not going to take the time to explain it here.
We´re going to a beach tomorrow. Unfortunately, I´m not going to be able to go into the water because I don´t feel well, ahem. But J and I have a plan to lie out on the beach and just read a book and maybe listen to music and take pictures of all the other goofy volunteers.
Monday we are going to start going to schools and teaching. We´ve been practicing our lessons and improving them and pretended to teach the others. For our afternoon meeting, a couple volunteers practiced/"taught" us the music lesson. As an introduction, E began asking us, the students, what sort of music we liked to listen to.
E: What kind of music do we like to listen to?
Roberto: Shakira!
Y: Daddy Yankee!
E: Does anyone here listen to music in English?
Roberto: Marilyn Manson!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
DEB! Oh, I would love to learn. Teach me your ninja ways.
Too bad about "not feeling well". Did you still have a fun time at the beach? And how do you play ninja? lol.
Post a Comment