Lately I stop and calculate Korean time. Like right now it's 8:28 PM. In Korea, it's 10:28 AM, and Minjunie Oppa is training in the S. Korean army. I don't know anything except that my aunt says he's tired and having a hard time right now.
I get really worried sometimes! I heard bad things about the army. They bully you, harrass you, yell at you...
then I googled the army and ran across
Sexual Violence Among Men in the Military in South Korea an article about, um, "high frequency of physical sexual violence and a high level of repetition of sexual violence."
and
Young men are killing themselves as a result of the torment caused by their superiors. They say the 24 months spent in the army is much worse than they expected. Some even say they have experienced sexual harassment.
According to a survey taken in February 2003 by the National Human Rights Commission of Korea, 60 percent of 378 military attendants experienced violence in the military. When asked for their responses and feelings during or after the beating, 35 percent said they wanted to run away and 14 percent said they thought about committing suicide.
Choi(21), who was serving with the Suwon Police Department, killed himself on the night he was given his first overnight leave. That was only two months after he started his service. According to the letter he left, he was constantly beaten by his seniors, not allowed to sleep and mentally tortured every single day
This is such bullshit.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment