Thursday, February 14, 2008

an interlude

1. Normally I appreciate Valentine's Day because of the excuse to wallow in chocolate, but this year's was particularly irritating. I couldn't pinpoint a reason why, except that all day I was sad about something.

2. I had this one dream in 8th grade that I loved so much I wrote 4 pages describing and then analyzing it. The best part about the dream was the girl and boy I met in it. It's weird, but I'd give almost anything to know that it was more than a dream and they're alive somewhere. If I get to meet them, even better.

3. Totoro's hair was getting too long so my mom shaved it, and now she looks like a shaved chicken. Right now she's lying at my feet, wearing a yellow shirt with a cat and the words POWWOW on it. Before I had a dog, I used to think people who dressed their pets were cruel people. Before I start to get guilty about this, I reassure myself that hey, Totoro likes her clothing. She goes crazy when we undress her.

4. I can't get over the feeling that everyone's having a more fulfilling and more meaningful life than mine.

No comments: