So I met with my advisor today during his office hours (after I bought a thank you card and godiva nuts covered in chocolate (does he like nuts? does he even like CHOCOLATE? I stressed out so much over this but then figured, fuckit, a gesture is better than no gesture at all) and then sneaked it into his mailbox because I'm way too shy to give thank you cards to people personally) and while I was waiting to talk to him I overheard him speaking to another chick. I think she was Asian, judging from her voice and the way he had to convince her that 6 classes this semester would NOT be a good idea. Which, by the way, I lolzed over because hey, when I entered college I was a budding overachiever too and now I'm just proud of myself if I wake up in time for classes. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Anyway I've realized before that as a popular history/asian studies professor that he gets a lot of asian chicks in his office-- I'm constantly waiting on him as he finishes up a 30 minute spiel on North Korea/the Silk Road/French linguistics at some point and the conversations invariably go something like this:
THE L: talk talk talk
ASIAN GIRL: giggle giggle ???
THE L: explain explain talk talk talk some more x10
ASIAN GIRL: giggle giggle giggle
He gets so many Asian girls going to him for advice, I'm almost jealous. I don't know if it's pheromones or what, but he gives off a weird masculine sex appeal. Also his voice. I love his voice. He just sounds so knowledgeable and educated and wise in a professor-ly, authoritative way and...
Obviously, these factors did not enter into my decision at all when I chose my major advisor.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment