Wednesday, September 17, 2008

oh my God.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/books/AP-Obit-Wallace.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

David Foster Wallace, the author best known for his 1996 novel ''Infinite Jest,'' was found dead in his home, according to police. He was 46.

Wallace's wife found her husband had hanged himself when she returned home about 9:30 p.m. Friday, said Jackie Morales, a records clerk with the Claremont Police Department.

Wallace taught creative writing and English at nearby Pomona College.


I really, really, really looked up this guy and his writing. The only reason I wanted to go to Pomona was because of him-- I always thought that I might transfer or do a semester's stay in Pomona, just to take a class with him. Or even just meet him.

He was one of my heroes. :((

3 comments:

crazygarbage said...

Oh wow. Besides this coming as a complete and total shock, I am so sorry for you. I know you guys were tight. :( :( :(

K said...

I'm sorry about your loss. =(



KOREAN FOOD!

crazygarbage said...

I spent a long time reading the stuff that's up right now on McSweeney's about DFW. It was really upsetting.