1. TODAY IS MOUNTAIN DAY.
No classes, Sophia and I are going up the mountain later to eat ice cream, we're cleaning our room, etc. Some breathing space.
2. Sophia talks to her boyfriend through webcam every morning now, so I'll wake up and my room is filled with Italian. Sometimes I try to catch words, like the time she said "Quando vado trovare..." which I think is "When I go to find?" Ahhaha, why do I even bother.
Anyway, today she was crying because she missed him so much.
Also, as I was leaving the room, I was checking out my butt in the mirror--like twisting and looking at my pants--and then I realized I could see his face on the computer screen and was like, OH SHIT DOES HE SEE ME.
3. Today the Korean seniors left me a huge Lindt chocolate bar, small Lindt truffles and small metal book holder, the kind you put a textbook on so your back doesn't cramp up as you read. With cute stationary and ribbons and etc.
So I'm not supposed to know who they are but I totally know. Sunday night, Sophia and I were at the library till 10:30 and so we went back to our dorm and were at the computer room downstairs. I went back up, to change and brush my teeth and all.
As I was going back to my room, I saw our Hall President Ka Young and this other Asian chick standing in front of our door. I was far away, so I wasn't sure if it was but the moment they saw me, they gave this guilty start/looked SO suspicious. So I felt strange. And we passed each other and I asked, "Was someone locked out?" because Ka Young has the Master Key to the rooms. "I don't know," she says and as I'm walking, I look back at her over my shoulder because she's acting so shady, and she's looking back at me over her shoulder, and I just got weird vibes from the whole thing.
So Monday morning there was a present on my door--a small yellow chick beanie baby, a cute pen, Korean face wash, vitamins? and a note-- and I put the pieces together.
It's supposed to be secret, so yesterday afternoon I stuck two Peppero snacks on Ka Young's door without a note but I think she figured it out. In the letter today was, "I guess you know who we are?"
I think the older students in KASA (Korean American Students Assocation, even though most of the Koreans I see on campus seem to be fobs) must do this to every newbie. It's the sweetest thing ever, I love waking up now. It'll probably last this week and that's it--like I got a small Yves Saint Laurent spray yesterday, and I looked online and the smallest cheapest one was like $25-- but I feel really welcomed and... yeah. I was worried the Koreans would be bitches.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO SWEET.
I'm so jealous. I want fucking vitamins and chocolate.
mountain day is awesome!
ditto sabrina. all i get are weird messages on my door.
gimme ur address so i can stalk you!
Post a Comment