Am finally here. Mom and brother just left. Am 8 bus hours away from everything oh god. Mild homesickness-- I haven't had a crying fit yet but as that's my reaction to any completely new environment (CAPA, Governor's School), I'm just waiting for it to come. Just not in public.
On the other hand the view from my room is beautiful. I have a cushy window ledge that you can sit or lie down on, and you can kind of open the side windows, and then there is the lake and everything asfasdfl. I feel a little guilty since I snagged the bed with the better lake view but I guess that's my minority Asian privilege? Getting a pre-orientation and all. Anyway my roommate already has a lake in her hometown. Or so I keep telling myself.
I meet people and they are friendly. There was a girl from Vietnam and her family at the card office and I had to forcibly squash down the urge to turn to her and say kkung kkia di nyang bai dow seu, the dog walked across the street. I don't know why I couldn't have spent my time learning something useful, like 'you are one cool chick' or 'i can speak vietnamese.'
p.s. my closet is locked, how did this happen?
I don't know anyone and I've been friendly and shaking hands and introducing myself and pretending to be interested in everyone's lives but I'm sick of it all already. I'd rather just talk about porn. Hi, I'm Debbie, what do you think about porn? Where is Airy when I need her. :((((
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Deb. You can talk to me.
You'll find the time to bond with your roomie. My roommates and I talked about sex last night. It was fun.
Except I nearly slept in class.
Post a Comment