Sunday, April 27, 2008

Am talking to Sara, one of my first best friends. The other one was Eunice. We were the only Korean girls (well, there was one other, but she wasn't "one of us") at my old school in the same grade. Years back. I met Eunice in 1st grade but didn't become Sara's friend until 3rd/4th grade... I was a real bitch to her, something I continually apologize to her about whenever I remember...

We haven't met in 2 or 3 years, the three of us. We'd have sleepovers and ice cream and movies (a scary one then a funny, romantic one) and just dumb typical girl stuff, I guess. Once we did this all in a tent in Eunice's basement. They both live in the suburbs now.

Talking to Sara is at once familiar and strange. I keep babbling on, trying to be a person to her again, defining myself to her, and I have to suppress the urge to ask, "Do you love me yet? Am I your best friend yet?"

Edit: She keeps saying "nice" and "thats awesome" to my comments and I want to shriek, "Why do you say these meaningless things? Oh my God, do you hate me but are too polite to say it? Am I being beroffed?"

No comments: