Monday, October 6, 2008

an e-mail correspondence

Hello, Ms. Cooke! How are you? Are you well? I'm well-- there's a lot of work and I either couldn't find the time to e-mail you/didn't know what to say and just put it off. Anyway, I didn't get any sleep tonight because I have a microeconomics case study due in a few hours/a test on Modern Europe worth 20% of my grade on Tues, the professor sucks and I'm having to teach the material to myself/a paper on Frankenstein & the portrayal of scientists due Thursday/a Japanese composition due Friday and hey, that's my week, and then I have fall break Sat-Tuesday of next week. :) I just need to survive.

So I just felt this absolute urge to send this quick e-mail to tell you that I was feeling pretty shitty and unhappy tonight, and then all of a sudden, I remembered what you said about enjoying myself-- your anecdote, about going into an exam and someone told you to "enjoy yourself"-- and I just started grinning, because this was all a challenge and I suddenly felt like I could meet it and I could see myself going into the test and just showing the teacher what I know (or don't know) and just view it all as a way of, of gaining and polishing myself because college is only going to happen once. Like if college is a rock. I should sharpen myself on that rock.

Possibly this is just me being tired and feeling a sudden surge of energy/hilarity and I'll go back to being "ughh work" in a couple days but I just wanted to tell you that I got it, I really got it, it was all there for a moment, I had the secret to being happy and it was pretty damn great.


Edit: Fuck, I need to stop using the word "just." IT'S IN EVERY SENTENCE FUCK.

No comments: