Summer makes me want to do things. Like now I'm eating watermelon in an air-conditioned room and I suddenly want to watch a horror movie. This is because when I was little, my family would eat watermelon at night and watch scary Korean movies, right after we watched sitcoms. something funny then scary. with watermelons.
things I want to do this summer, before college
1. spend a day in the art museum with one of those headsets and check out that medieval exhibit thing.
2. take the Chinatown bus to New York
3. read a lot of books. a lot. of books.
4. watch the new Hana Yori Dango movie that's coming out this summer
5. lose weight. straighten my hair. maybe actually invest in winter clothing?
6. write. and speaking of writing-- gov school reunion, though that probably won't happen.
7. spend a day a week-- or a day every other week-- pretending to be someone else and doing something really weird and out of place for me that would be totally normal to them, like going to an art exhibition or taking a train to Boston for a day and looking for small ornamental weaponry. something that's not waking up every morning and walking around my house in my pajamas. pretend to be a tourist in Philly and take obnoxious photos and scribble notes? will need to think up a country I hail from. I can see myself just working all the time this summer and that's really not how I want to spend my last summer being 17/first summer as 18.
8. find the people I plan to keep in touch with and make plans. also keep in touch.
9. visit Lee as he's house-sitting for the L and have a barbecue, pet all her cats, just be obnoxious the way I wouldn't be in her presence.
10. take pictures.
there's more but this is all I can come up with now.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment