Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yee and I filed copies of voter registerations with a middle-aged guy who kept giggling maniacally.

His various jobs included 3-D world building (wtf? he went on about elevators at this point), computer programming, carpentry, plumbing, and his own business (which he didn't elaborate on); his latest job was as a short-order cook (a "bun toaster") at McDonalds that he'd taken because it was "stress-free" and which he'd quit in order to support the Obama campaign! But his true love, he confided, was teaching.

At one point he was telling us about his abusive second wife, saying, "I had to leave my job because my wife fed me poison to keep me with her. I would have stayed with her if only she didn't beat me every single day. I mean, it was either divorce her or fight her. I didn't want to hurt her-- I'm not a fighter."

Yee said he reminded her of Elie. He reminded me of Eunice Cho and Sara Be.

No comments: