Sunday, March 6, 2011

count your blessings

I'm going to keep a happiness journal. I think this will help me be happier.

So today I'm happy because

1) I got to sleep in late.

2) I talked to S and E on skype. I've gotten E to read CP too (Kathyyyy, are you still reading it??)

3) I hung out with M at a really nice cafe in Kyoto. We did homework and talked about random things. We told each other funny things and made each other smile. Little things like that with friends are important.

4) I had cake tonight.

The other night I was on the bus home and I realized that one day I'm going to die, and that when I'm old I'll look back on my life and wonder why I was so unhappy for so much of it. Why did the little things bother me? Why do I let people get to me? We're all going to die someday. If I think of it like that I can be kinder to everyone, even myself.

2 comments:

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heartmycavies said...

I have not been reading :( But I will get back to it!

I am home for spring break! I will try to wake up early so I can talk to you on skype. (I have been waking up at 2pm.)

You don't have to be kinder to anyone else. Just yourself :)