I'm writing an e-mail to an old teacher that I'd had in high school. It was actually a summer program, run by UPenn, and I'd loved that teacher. He was probably one of the best influences in my life so far. Back when I was a confused 15 (almost 16) year old, he was a UPenn law student who'd attended Princeton on a full scholarship who knew everything. Everything about applying to college, at least.
I love that he takes the time to write to me and I'm grateful that he considers me a friend. Even if I feel "unworthy" of being his friend, if that even makes sense. He's just so intelligent and far ahead of me in his life that there's absolutely nothing I can offer in this friendship; in fact, I just want him to give me more advice, more and more and more of it.
Anyway, this e-mail is taking me over an hour to write and I'm not even halfway done. I'm so scared of sounding stupid to him that I'm editing and re-editing every sentence I've written, just so that I can send it without cringing later.
Edit: I just spent fifteen minutes googling the best way to congratulate someone on their marriage. FML.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment